SeedWISE: Purpose, Aims and Objectives
The programme’s purpose is to illuminate potential industrial and enterprise career routes for women DPhil researchers. These routes will include working in or with as part of a collaboration from an academic setting large scale industrial settings, SMEs and micro businesses.
The 7-week programme will be delivered using a blended learning method chosen to fit in with researchers’ busy lives but also allowing the crucial networking and space to provide peer support. See the section 'What will the course look like?' for further information.
After an initial afternoon, the programme will revolve around 90 minute weekly clinic sessions exploring the online material interactively and developing yourself through action Learning.
The programme will include the following objectives:
- To increase awareness of the variety of industrial and enterprise careers
- To build self confidence in areas such as pitching, promoting and networking
- To give opportunities to learn from women working in a variety of settings
- To encourage an enterprising mindset irrespective of career destination
- To meet, network and encourage other DPhil students