MPLS Enterprise Fellowships
The MPLS Enterprise Fellows represent and liaise with MPLS research staff (research only contract) to provide an evidence base for the enterprise training provision and support of fellow researchers.
University of Oxford Research Staff MPLS Enterprise Fellowships 2019-20 - Deadline for applications extended to 9th September 2019
Following the successful piloting of the MPLS Enterprise Fellowship scheme last year, we are pleased to announce that we have secured funding for an extended programme this year, with a new group of one-year Fellowships on offer from October 2019. The focus of these Fellowships is for MPLS research staff (research only contract) to provide an evidence base for the enterprise training provision and support of fellow researchers.
The role involves the following responsibilities:
- Building on the experience and initiatives developed by the first cohort of MPLS Enterprise Fellows to shape a year-long enterprise development programme tailored for research staff
- Liaison with the existing MPLS RSS members, departmental and student-led enterprise societies,soliciting views and opinions from these groups and the wider research staff community, and feeding this information into the on-going development of the MPLS Enterprise programme
- Cascading relevant information to and from research staff from the MPLS Enterprise programme and its partners in delivery
- Writing proposals and managing a researchers consultancy project to map out ways to extend current support for research staff in developing their Enterprise skills, for consideration by the MPLS Enterprise programme
- Convening face to face shared practice opportunities for researchers to come together to discuss their experiences of participating in different elements of the Enterprise programme and any issues that arise
Knowledge: fellows have an awareness of the current MPLS Enterprise programme and opportunities available through the Enterprising Oxford network to support the career development of Researchers
Experience: ideally fellows will have been on some of courses/ programmes/ internships offered through the MPLS Enterprise programme or its partners, and also those offered outside the UoO. A commitment to supporting the development of enterprising researcher skills and experiences, and to sharing opportunities with other researchers is the most important consideration
Skills: proactive in identifying ways to improve communication with research staff/postdocs; able to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people from different disciplines; listen, without prejudice, to opinions, identifying and articulating options and potential new initiatives to put to the Enterprise team in MPLS
Time commitment: maximum time commitment is approximately 37hrs (roughly 5 working days per year). This will depend upon the mechanisms used for liaising with the research staff community
Compensation: In return for the activities listed above the MPLS Enterprise Fellow will receive an honorarium of £1000 which will be available in a departmental cost code to be used on their personal and professional development. A small resource fund to support engagement activity will also be made available to support the work. This opportunity can be used as evidence of academic citizenship and networking in applications.
To apply: Send your CV and a 250 word statement of why you are interested in applying for this role and the particular strengths and capabilities that you will bring to it, to Anne Miller, MPLS Enterprise Programme Manager email@example.com by 9th September at 5pm.
Short informal interviews will be held in September 2019.