Scientific writing: core skills
Dr Catriona Ryan
All Communications Confidence DPhil students Research staff Writing skills
Wednesday, 24 May 2023, 9am to 5pm
This online course provides a sound grounding in the core skills needed to produce accurate and effective scientific writing.
The course will include:
- Critique of readability in relevant papers
- Use of tenses in academic papers
- Writing with impact; concise writing
- Grammar and proof reading
- Scientific table and chart technique
Previous participants have said:
- ‘It was a great resource to improve on my writing skills overall. The exercises were good and broke up the day to shift our concentration.’
- ‘I found the exercises fun and really useful as they helped to take in what we were learning.’
All DPhil students and postdoctoral researchers
NB. This course is appropriate for both native and non-native speakers of English. However, if you are a non-native speaker you will need a good general standard of English to benefit from the course.
NUMBER OF PLACES
Dr Catriona Ryan
09:00-17:00 - 24th May 2023
A1, B3, D2
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff. See the the following for more details:
The Researcher Development Framework page
The Researcher Training Tool (click on Researcher Development)
Vitae (Vitae is a national organisation dedicated to realising the potential of researchers through supporting their professional and career development.)
Register for Scientific Writing: Core skills.
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.