You and your Supervisor (in-person)
Dr Molly Grace
All Communications DPhil students
Tuesday, 05 March 2024, 10am to 1pm
This course provides information and introduces strategies to enable DPhil students to develop an effective working relationship with their supervisor.
The supervisory relationship is key to the success of your DPhil and we know that positive and effective relationships contribute to the timely completion of the doctorate.
As with many things, the more you put into the relationship with your supervisor, the more you will benefit from it.
There is much you can do to be proactive and play and active role in the relationship.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Find information about University, divisional and departmental regulations and the supervisory relationship.
- Be aware of the student's areas of responsibility in the relationship.
- Take appropriate responsibility within the relationship.
- Develop a range of skills and strategies to manage relationships effectively.
- Find and make appropriate use of additional sources of help and support.
All DPhil students, primarily those in the early stages of their doctorate
NUMBER OF PLACES
DATE / TIME
5th March 2024 | 10.00 - 13.00
TERMS & CONDITIONS
When registering for this course, please check our Terms and Conditions.