All Career development Confidence Research staff
Friday, 30 October 2020 to Friday, 04 December 2020, 9.30am - 1pm
A career review and development programme for research staff
This programme aims to support participants to develop an understanding of where they are currently in their careers, and their future options to achieve personal and professional development goals based upon values, strengths, skills and experience. It is delivered online via Zoom. Course materials are provided.
Engaging with this course will enable you to
- understand your values and your strengths
- analyse and appreciate the fit between your current role and your values and strengths
- identify the range of opportunities and pathways open to you (including some that might not be immediately apparent)
- identify the gap between what you do well now and what you will need to learn and do in order to position yourself for the next role
- identify the role of personal impact in achieving personal and career goals
- take away a career and a personal development plan and a commit to a support network to take you forward.
Research staff who wish to review their career and plan next steps
number of places
This course takes place over three days and participants are expected to attend all three days in full
9.30 - 13.00 | 30 October 2020
9.30 - 11.00 | 20 November 2020
9.30 - 13.00 | 4 December 2020
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff.
Vitae (Vitae is a national organisation dedicated to realising the potential of researchers through supporting their professional and career development.)
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 5.00PM ON FRIDAY 16TH OCTOBER 2020
When registering for this course please check our Terms and Conditions.