Completing your DPhil
If you are nearing the end of your DPhil, this workshop will help you develop a plan for completing your DPhil and prepare for the viva.
The session will cover:
- What makes a good DPhil
- Planning to write up your DPhil – structure, content and what makes good writing
- What the viva will explore
- What the examiners are asked to consider
- FAQs and Q&A
By the end of the session participants will be able to
- Engage productively with the final stages of the DPhil
- Apply a range of time management techniques
- Identify and apply the characteristics of effective writing
- Apply effective structure to the thesis
- Understand what is require in the Viva
- Take opportunities to raise and discuss concerns
Third and fourth year PGR
NUMBER OF PLACES
Professor David Gavaghan, Dean of the MPLS Graduate School, and Dr Justin Hutchence, MPLS Researcher Training and Development Manager
DATE/TIME AND BOOKING INFORMATION
Information about the next scheduled course, and how to apply for a place, are in our course programme. This course usually takes place once each during Hilary and Trinity terms. If it isn't currently appearing in the course programme, please keep checking back.
A2, B1, B2, D2
The Researcher Development Framework (RDF) provides a framework for planning and supporting the personal, professional and career development of graduate students and research staff.
Vitae (Vitae is a national organisation dedicated to realising the potential of researchers through supporting their professional and career development.)